B.P.Ed. is an undergraduate level program, which helps aspirants to know about the fundamentals of Physical education. It is also referred as B.P.E. OR Bachelor of Physical Education. This course can be pursued as a full-time course or part-time course (correspondence). B.P.Ed is a 3-year course divided into 6 semesters, i.e. 2 semesters each year. It is a training program, which deals with the study of development and care of the human body. NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education) is the apex body that controls and regulates the Physical education program all over the country.
Note:- B.P.Ed. course is available in two main formats â€“ 3 years long format and 1-year long format. Here, we will focus exclusively on the 3-year long B.P.Ed. course format.
B.P.Ed. - Bachelor of Physical Education Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have completed the age of 17 years on the first day of July of the year.
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination in any stream with minimum 40% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade from a recognized board.
B.P.Ed. - Bachelor of Physical Education Course Duration
The duration of the B.P.Ed. is three years.
B.P.Ed. - Bachelor of Physical Education Specializations
- Lawn Tennis
- Health Fitness and Gym Management
B.P.Ed. - Bachelor of Physical Education Admission Process
The selection of the students is done on the basis of their performance in the physical efficiency test, a written test and a personal interview conducted by the university. There are also some government and private universities and colleges which take admission on the basis of cutoff marks which are decided after the result of 10+2 examination.
B.P.Ed. Entrance exams in India
- Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya Haridwar B.P.Ed. Entrance Exam
- Swami Vivekanand Subharti University Meerut B.P.Ed. Entrance Exam
- Luck now University B.P.Ed. Entrance Exam
- Kanpur University B.P.Ed. Entrance Exam
- Acharya Nagarjuna University Physical Education Common Entrance Test
Top B.P.Ed. Colleges and Universities in India
- College of Physical Education, Pune
- Bharti Vidyapeeth, Pune
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education and Sports Science, University of Delhi, New Delhi
- Amity University, Noida
- Chandrashekhar Agashe College of Physical Education, Pune
- Laxmibai National College of Physical Education, Gwalior
Job and Career options for B.P.Ed.
On completion of the B.P.Ed course, candidates either can opt for higher studies or can seek out for employment. B.P.Ed. degree holders can also work as physical fitness experts in health centers, clubs and gyms and so on. They can also work as in-house coaches for commercial sports teams. In addition, aspirants can start their own fitness centers and provide Yoga, Aerobics and meditation classes.
- Trainer / Instructor / Coach
- Community/Commercial Recreation
- Sports Journalist
- Professional Players
- Umpire / Referee
- Sports Administration
- Sports Goods Manufacture Marketing Executive
- Personal Trainer
- Sport and Leisure Club Managers
- Administrative and Sports Duties
- Rehabilitation Specialist/Physical Therapist
- Physical Education Instructor